New Delhi: With the year drawing to a close, social media giant Facebook is taking a look back and highlighting top moments where it witnessed people coming together to discuss various events.
2017 Year In Review
In India, the top ten things that people spoke about and reacted to in 2017 were:
1. Bahubali– The Conclusion: The Indian fantasy action film, that broke several records for Indian films.
2. Jallikattu: A traditional bull-taming sport played in Tamil Nadu as part of the Pongal harvest festival
3. India vs Pakistan Final, ICC Champions Trophy 2017: The encounters of India and Pakistan, the ICC Champions Trophy finals was no different. The match drove conversations on key moments from the match and on the results
4. Superfast/Mail Trains in India: With few key announcements from the railway ministry in 2017, there was a lot of conversations around passenger experience in India
5. Vinod Khanna’s demise: Vinod Khanna was an Indian actor and producer of Bollywood films who passed away on 27th April 2017. There were a lot of eulogies and conversations around his life on Facebook
6. Chester Bennington’s demise: The lead singer of Linkin Park passed away unexpectedly on July 20th, 2017, generating more than 8 million posts that day and an outpouring of support from fans around the world.
7. Lava Kusa : Lava Kusa an Indian Telugu-language action-drama film released in 2017, generated a lot of interest and conversations from fans
8. Yogi Adityanath: Yogi Adityanath was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh this year
9. Miss World in India: Manushi Chillar became the sixth Indian to win the coveted crown bringing an end to India’s dry spell of 17 years at the top pageant contest
10. Gorakhpur tragedy: A large number of child deaths occurred at a hospital in Gorakhpur city of Uttar Pradesh.
This information combines the top single-day moments throughout the year with the top ways the Facebook community used the platform to come together around these moments.